TimeLock, Trial versions, e-commerce development - all can be done with the new TimeLock ActiveX control. TimeLock is a simple, effective way for Visual Basic
programmers to secure their work with a limited trial period. The control also has the advantage of permitting e-commerce by entering an UNLOCK CODE, after which the secured program will run without restrictions.
Features of TimeLock ActiveX Control include:
- Writes encrypted entries to the Windows Registry. The location of the entries is determined by the user (program author)
- Writes a "marker entry" separate from normal program entries, which is used to defeat uninstall/reinstall.
- The control works on "days remaining" rather than Install Date. Days Remaining is an encrypted value and not human-readable.
- The control performs several "Tamper tests" to check if the registry entries have been found and changed , or tampered with. If they have, the control gives a warning message and then ends the program it is attached to.
- Carries customizable messages to display to the user during normal use during the trial period and when tampering has been discovered
- Works with all windows platforms
- Keeps you out of dangerous areas of the Registry
- Allows uninstall/reinstall within the specified trial period
- Allows the placement of background pictures and custom messages on the form containing the TimeLock, giving the flexibility of using it as a "splash screen" at the beginning of your
- Gives you complete control over the messages that are displayed to the
user for both normal operation, "Thank-you" messages, and
"Tamper Messages" that let the user know they've been CAUGHT!
The ActiveX control is extremely easy to use, and is included on a sample form with the few lines of code required to make the program functional. Just fill in the name of the form that is started after clearing the TimeLock.
The trial version runs without restrictions, but displays our company
information about the product. Upon purchase, we will ship you a version that
has this information removed.
See how easy it is to secure your programs with a safe, reliable, and
bullet-proof tool - try the TimeLock ActiveX controls!